Last Updated: June 14, 2016
|Collection of Information||Information You Provide
We collect information you provide directly to us, including information you send to others through our Services. For example, we collect information when you join or create chat groups, send invitations to join groups, send or receive messages, request customer support, participate in our surveys, contests, promotions and sweepstakes, or otherwise communicate with us or through our Services. The types of information we may collect include your name, social media username, email address, photographs, location, the contact information of users you invite to Groups, the messages you send through our Services, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
When you access or use our Services or otherwise interact with us, we automatically collect information about you and we may associate it with information that you provide directly to us. For example, we may collect:
· Log Information: We log information about your use of our Services, such as your computer or device’s operating system, the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address, the page you visited before navigating to our website, and your interactions with our Services.
· Mobile Device Information: We may collect information about the mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, device identifiers, mobile network information and information about your use of our mobile applications.
· Location Information: With your consent, we may also collect information about the location of your mobile device. For more details about the collection of location information and the choices you have, please see “Information Choices and Changes” below.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We and our service providers use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our website and your experience, see which areas and features of our website are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used on our website or in our emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources and link or combine that with information we collect about you. For example, if you use the App using your social media account, such as Facebook, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, profile or account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
|Use of Information||We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
· Provide and deliver the services you request, including delivering and receiving messages;
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, offers, events and other news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect our or others’ rights and property;
· Personalize and improve our Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match Group or user profiles or interests;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
· With third party vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With other users of the Services, certain information about you may be displayed publicly via the Services, such as your social media username, photograph, and any other information you choose to share. For more details about your privacy choices with us, please see “Your Choices” below;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect our or others’ rights, property and safety;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
|Social Sharing Features||Our Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.|
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on other websites or platforms. To opt out of having information about you used in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Security||We take reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.|
|Your Choices and Changes||Your Information
Our App allows you to control the visibility of your profile. Unless you choose to use our App in conjunction with your social media username, you can use the App anonymously, without providing any personal information. Please note that when you send messages to the Groups as an anonymous user, while your user profile is anonymous, any personal information you include in your messages will be visible to the Group members.
Any information you submit to our Services are stored on our servers and locally on users’ devices, which we do not control.
· Information on User Devices. Any information associated with Groups may be deleted locally when Group owners deactivate or close Groups. Note that such information may still persist on our servers. When you leave Groups, all information associated with those Groups will be removed from your device, but your information will not be removed from our servers or other Group members’ devices.
· Information on Our Servers. You may update, correct or delete information about you that reside on our servers at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. Note that we may retain certain information about you for legitimate business purposes or as required by law. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
Location Information. When you first launch some of our mobile applications or visit one of the pages on our website that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the collection of location information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can later stop this collection by changing the settings on your mobile device or Internet browser. If you do so, certain features of our Services will no longer function. You can also stop our collection of location information by our mobile applications by following the standard uninstall process and removing the App(s) from your mobile device.
Promotional Communications from Us. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions in those communications. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts. With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can elect to stop receiving these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device.